Forgot Gmail Password
In fact, it's a common problem when you are using a complicated password or rarely login to your Gmail account, you may forget Gmail Password. It's easier to recover Gmail password if you can access your phone or backup options, otherwise, it can sometimes take 3-5 business day to complete the account recovery process.
- Visit Google Account Recovery Service page.
- Choose your trouble in the list (ex: I don't know my password), enter your email address and click "Continue".
- Enter the last password you remember and click "Continue" if you still remember the last password. Otherwise, choose "I don't know".
- Now you have 3 options to recover your Google Account.
Recover Gmail Password by Phone or backup options
- If you can access your phone or backup options (ex: alternate email address). Choose first option: "I can access my phone or backup options". Click "Continue".
- Google will verify your ownership of backup address by either sending a verification code to your recovery phone or emailing to alternate email address. Choose your preferred option and click "Continue."
- In the next page, enter the verification code sent to your phone and click "Continue", or follow instruction in the email from Google in case you have an alternate email address.
- In the page that appears, input a new password and repeat it to confirm it in the next text field and then click on "Change password".
- Congratulations, you have recovered your Gmail password successfully.
I cannot access my phone or backup options or I didn't enable 2-step verification.
- Select option 2 or 3 (depend on your case). Click "Continue".
- You will be asked with some questions for security purposes.
- Finish the questions to recover your Google Account.
Still can't recover my Google Account
- If you failed with these steps above, contact them at Gmail Help Forum.
- After 5 business days, if you didn't get any contact from Google. Do it again.