Gmail - www.Gmail.com
Gmail is a free email service provided by Google: www.Gmail.com. Launched in April 2004, Gmail has become most popular Email service in the world since June, 2012 with more than 425 million monthly active users. Nowadays, Gmail still leads the market with over billion active users worldwide. To get started with Gmail, you need to create a Google Account. A Google Account gives you access to Google services such as Gmail, Google+, YouTube, and much more.
On the web, you have to use a secure connection "https" instead of "http" to access your Gmail Account. On your mobile app or desktop app, you need to generate an App Password to login.
Before you sign in to Gmail
Make sure that you have created your Google Account before you sign in to Gmail.com. If you don’t remember that whether you have an account already or notand would like to check it out , just enter your email address on the password-assistance page. If there's no Google Account associated with your email address, you'll get a message that says 'No account found with that email address' you entered.
How to Sign in to Gmail.com on the web
In order to sign in to Gmail, please enter your Google Account username and password. If you are lazy to type your password again later, you can save it on your browser. In case, you forgot your password, it's easy to recover your Gmail password. There are steps to login to Gmail:
- Go to www.gmail.com and find a sign in link in the upper right hand corner. Or follow our direct link for Gmail Sign In!
- When Gmail sign in page appear, enter your email in the text box and click next, e.g. [email protected]
- Fill the next box with your password. The letters and numbers will only appear as **** for security purposes.
- We recommend that you got the "Stay signed in" checkbox selected. This ensures that you won’t be constantly interrupted to re-enter your password and makes your future sign-ins easier with account choosers.
- Click sign in button to go to your Gmail Inbox.
How to Login to www.Gmail.com by apps
Gmail users can access their account on the official website or by using first-party or third-party apps and services instead. To sign in to Gmail.com by apps, follow these steps:
- Enable 2-Step Verification for your Gmail Account.
- Create an app specific password.
- Use the app specific password above for your app to sign in to Gmail instead of using your real password. You might see a "password incorrect" error if trying to use your real password.
Notes: Since April 2014, Gmail started to block less secure apps to access Google Account. There is a list of applications affected by the change:
- The mail app on iPhone or iPad with iOS 6 or below.
- The mail app on Windows phone prior to Windows Phone 8.1.
- Some third-party mail apps on Android.
- Some desktop mail clients like Outlook or Thunderbird.
If you are using a less secure app to access Gmail Account, there are other options might work for you.
- If you didn't enable 2-Step Verification for your Gmail Account, change the "allow less secure apps" setting to enable under security settings.
- Try to enable 2-step verification, and generate an app specific password as above, and login with it.
- Switch to a different service or program.
Sign in to multiple Gmail accounts at once
If you have more than one Google Account (personal & business account), you can use multiple sign-in to switch between accounts without having to sign out and back in again. You can:
Choose Gmail Account to Login or Add Session for Gmail Account Login.
Problems when signing in?
Most common problems when logging in Gmail are using an unsecure connection "http" and incorrect password. Remember that To help keep your mail safe, Gmail requires a secure connection "https" to access your mail and Gmail password is case-sensitive. Beware of your Caps lock key, since password characters are unreadable. In case login fails, Google will show you the error messages that tells you what the issue is and help options to guide you how to overcome it. See more about: Gmail sign in problems.
How to securely log out of Gmail.com
If you are using a computer that is not yours, it's very important to log out of Gmail.com securely after you finished using it. Signing out of Gmail is quite easy and can be completed using the three steps below:
- Point your browser to www.gmail.com. If you are redirected to the login page you can stop here, you are already logged out.
- Click on your profile picture at the top right corner of the screen, a dropdown menu will appear. At the bottom, you will find a sign-out link. Click the link to sign out of your Gmail Account.
- Once you have clicked the sign out link, you will be redirected to the Gmail log in page.
Gmail Account Management
Besides guidance on basic information such as creating a Gmail Account and signing in, we also support you on how to keep your Google Account secure using 2-Step Verification and strategies to better manage your emails, Google inbox using the Gmail priority inbox. In addition, we show you how to use spam filters and trusted senders to prevent spams.